cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by Kamyar Adl
1. Videos on where/how bike shopping works well
Shopping with a bicycle can be far more convenient and enjoyable than using a car, as well as perfectly practical. The below film by Mike Rubbo has some great examples from the Netherlands and Sydney's Eveleigh Markets. > Eveleigh farmer's market by bike
- See also this video: > Shopping by bike (Netherlands)
- How shopping with a bike is commonplace in Holland: > Shopping by bike (Bicycle Dutch)
2. Photos of how people shop by bike
- Check out the Shop by Bike Copenhagen competition photos > Shop by Bike KBH
3. Tips to aid shopping by bike
- Find a storage or carrying method that works best for each specific circumstance. E.g. Slinging takeaway over the handlebars works fine for short distances.
- Buy what you need and shop more frequently (it should be fun not a chore).
- Outfit your bike with carrying options to enable opportunistic shopping.
- Shop at smaller shops and markets that allow you to wheel your bike around with you or park right outside.