Summary: There are specific books and resources of particular relevance to urban, utility cyclists. This post will collate links to them.
cc licensed ( BY NC ND ) flickr photo shared by Seppo Leinonen
1. On Bicycles - Amy Walker
- A collection of magazine articles on incorporating cycling into your daily life.
2. Everyday Bicycling - Elly Blue
- Everything you need to know to get started riding a bicycle for transportation including street smarts, bike shopping, dressing professionally, carrying everything from groceries to children to furniture, and riding in all weather.
3. Just Ride: A Radically Practical Guide to Riding Your Bike - Grant Petersen
4. RE-Cycling: Taking up Bicycling Again as an Adult - Bruce Wynkoop
5. Pedaling Revolution: How Cyclists Are Changing American Cities - Jeff Mapes
6. Cycle Space: Architecture and Urban Design in the Age of the Bicycle - Steven Fleming
7. The Cyclist's Manifesto: The Case for Riding on Two Wheels Instead of Four - Robert Hurst
8. Joyride: Pedaling Toward A Healthier Planet - Mia Birk
9. City Cycling (Urban and Industrial Environments) - John Pucher