Summary: Plenty can be learnt from individuals who try, succeed or struggle with the switch to urban cycling. This post will collect links to their stories and add comments where worthwhile.
cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by Bruce Turner
1. The Pros and Cons of Being a Bike Commuter - Lara McPherson
- A Melbourne woman sells her car and commits to getting around by bike. She lists helmet hair, wardrobe limitations, storage and weather as the main challenges she overcame. But advises that fresh air, saving time and money, health and meeting people were major benefits that more than compensate.
2. Commuter success stories (Bicycle Network, Australia)
- 6 Australians share the reasons why they took up commuting by bike and have kept it up.
3. Commuting stories (Commute By Bike, US)
4. Bicycle Commuting and the No-Car Life